How to Google and Facebook in Mainland China for iPhone/iPad
Please refer to my other blog on how to Google and Facebook in Mainland China in general and for Android users. As for iPhone and iPad users, below is a solution after some research and trials. The same comment applies, providers will capitalise on this valuable asset and hence charge for usage in almost every cases. There are still some which provide free usage for short term (e.g. the one I recommend below), other free ones are either unreliable, often not working or plagued with annoying ads some with startling promotion in loud words, and hence I do not recommend. Read on..
Global VPN and VPN50 are both workable apps, I like Global VPN due to it’s easier (almost fully automated) installation and longer free subscription. However, to use it’s longer and full uninterrupted functions, you need to pay/subscribe. Yet, you can use it for short periods (Global VPN allow 72 hours free usage, VPN50 only same day and line may drop in a few minutes). Below is step by step guide for Global VPN on your iPhone…
- Make sure your got WiFi or data access through your network provider
- Tab “AppStore” icon, search for “global vpn” (should be the first one pops up), click to install.
- Click “Open” and you’d be guided through a series of automated screens. In the screen which you’re presented with a page of different VPN servers with ping times, select the one with the shortest ping time (fastest). In the end, you input your password.
- Go to your iPhone “Settings”/”VPN”
- You’d see a couple VPN profiles prefixed Global VPN, click one and then slide the “Connect” switch
- Wait to be connected, and you’d see VPN box notification at the the top bar, that’s it- you’re on and your internet surfing would go through this VPN tunnel. You can now go to your much needed Google, Facebook,….. sites, as well as have a safer and more secure access.