Whatsapp – more new tools and tips
By now, you probably should have already got the latest Whatsapp update which avails you with Video call capability. Also in this post, I’d like to share more tips on use of Whatsapp. Read on…WhatsApp Video Call – On Nov 14, 2016 Whatsapp announced that Video Calling is now available via WhatsApp (see their blog) in addition to voice calling. You may already have this capability, and if not, WhatsApp should be adding this to your phone (auto update by default) in the coming days- just be patient. DONOT respond to any invitation to update it via some link you may receive, it’s been reported this may be a hack to steal your ID. As a general rule, be very careful to give away your personal info/ID. Just check Whatsapp on your phone, go to chats for an individual and on
- an iPhone, you should see on the RH top corner two icons – a phone call icon and a video icon, tap the video icon to start video calling (simple, right?)
- an Android phone, tap the usual voice call icon and you’d be presented with the option of Voice and Video call (see above pic)
Other Tools/Tips –
- previously you can only share video or photos via WhatsApp, although I did offer a work-around solution to bypass this restriction in my previous post, you can now attach any type of files using the “Document” option under the Attach – “+” on iPhones (see pic above for latest options under “+”) or “paper clip” icon on Android phones!
- You can also share you “Location” if you want to – say tell a friend where you’re meeting them, using the “Location” icon under the Attach – “+” on iPhones or “paper clip” icon on Android phones.
- You can also share a “Contact” via Whatsapp now – using the “Contact” icon under the Attach – “+” on iPhones or “paper clip” icon on Android phones.